To ensure that your wishes and bequests are carried out as you wish after your death, it is important to have a Will.
Garrods Law Ltd offer preparation of Wills and Codicils, including tax efficient Wills for larger estates; all aspects of probate and Administration of Estates on death; advice on, preparation of and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney; and applications to the Court of Protection for appointment as a Deputy – when someone does not have the capacity to make Lasting Powers of Attorney but can no longer deal with their own affairs.
We offer single Wills or mirror Wills for you and your spouse or partner. We can offer home visits in the event you are unable to make it to the office.
It is important that you review your Will on a regular basis, to ensure that it continues to represent your wishes. It is important that you review your Will and keep it up to date to ensure that it reflects your circumstances and wishes. Over a lifetime your circumstances will change with significant events taking place. For instance, a civil partnership or marriage, the birth of a grandchild, a separation from a partner or a divorce. This affects your Will and you need to make sure it is still appropriate and valid. If you wish to make a small amendment to your Will, this can done by way of a Codicil to your Will.
We recognise that everyone’s needs are different, we are able to offer fixed fees for the majority of our services or can provide a quote, tailored to your individual requirements.
Our services include
- Wills and Codicils, including Will Trusts
- Probate and Letters of Administration
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Deputyship Applications to the Court of Protection
- Single Will
- Mirror Wills for you and your spouse or partner
- Drafting and preparing Wills on a tax efficient basis
- Preparing and registering lasting powers of attorney
- Obtaining probate and letters of administration and distributing estates
- Dealing with contested estates
- By arrangement, home visits in the event you are unable to make it to the office
Please click here to check our schedule of fees for probate.